Answered By: Linn McDonald Last Updated: Feb 01, 2016 Views: 3
Answered By: Linn McDonald
Last Updated: Feb 01, 2016 Views: 3
While the HCC library and the HCC bookstore are both located in SCB, they provide different services to students.
HCC Bookstore - purchase books and supplies:
- Textbooks and school supplies (notebooks, pencils, pens, calculators, etc.)
- * You can order textbooks, if necessary, either in-person or online, and pick them up at the bookstore when they arrive
- HCC apparel and gifts
HCC Library - free for HCC students, faculty and staff:
- Use the library tab in myHeartland to access electronic library resources
- With your Heartland ID, check out fiction, nonfiction, and reference books from our library or any college library in Illinois. Need help finding books? Just stop by the library and we will be happy to help you find what you need.
- Books placed on reserve by your instructor. Your instructor will tell you if books have been placed on reserve for your class. Ask at the library desk. Books on reserve must be read in the library; they cannot be checked out.
- Study rooms for groups
- Printers (yes, we have free printing!)
- Get help with your research assignment (use the Appointments tab in myHeartland to schedule a one-on-one session and get help finding and citing sources for an assignment, or just drop by the Research Lab in the library Monday through Thursday from 9:00 to 5:00 to speak to a librarian)